Tuesday 28 June 2011

Chillout Compilation

I am aware that some of these songs are old. Some as many as four years. Despite the age of the songs together they make a powerful combo. This is what I have title as 'Chillout'. It is what it says, it is what I listen to when I want to chillout. I only compiled this a couple of months ago. I was originally not too happy with the sound. But the more I listened to it, the more I enjoyed it. Now it has become my compilation of choice when I want to listen for around 45mins to a 1hr.

A couple of standout songs would have to be The Republic Tigers' 'Building & Mountains'.  Just like the playlist the song has grown on me. It has quickly risen through the ranks to become one of my favourite songs at the moment. The chorus is very catchy...

The other song I would say is a stand out is Radical Face's 'Welcome Home'. This is probably the most popular and well known song on the playlist. It is two years old and has just under five million YouTube hits!! It has a pretty unique sound and boy, does it sound good.

Have a listen to all or some of the songs. Each song is linked to YouTube, so you don't even need to search for it. NO EXCUSES. Enjoy!


                                                                1. Radical Face - Welcome Home
2. Voxtrot - The Start of Something
3. Blitzen Trapper - Furr 
4.The Republic Tigers - Buildings & Mountains
5. Grizzly Bear - Knife
6. Seabear - I Sing I Swim 
7. Tapes 'n Tapes - Badaboom
8. The Boxer Rebellion - No Harm
9. Seabear - Bright House
10. Navigators - Wall of Stone
11. Pinback - Fortress
12. The Helio Sequence - Lately